Friday, November 03, 2006

Geek drawings

It's weird to think that in month I'll have graduated and will be out in the real world. My class is going fine, even though it's often a lot of work, but I'll be glad when it's over. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving, when school will be finished and I get to see Laurie. :-)

I recently got a Wacom pen tablet, and have been playing around with it the last few nights. All the fun of drawing, but on the computer! Yes, it's pretty geeky. My artistic talent doesn't stretch very far, but I'm starting to learn how to use it. This took me all of 5 minutes, testing out some brushes in Corel Painter while I was sitting at home on Halloween:



This one I spent more time on, and used a reference picture I had on my computer:



It's a lot of fun, but some things still take a long time to get looking right. At least on the computer I can easily undo any bad lines, and I don't feel like I'm wasting paper with random sketches that might not be any good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home