Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Getting worn out

Ran across this at work today: The Ultimate Machine. A machine who's entire purpose when activated is to turn itself off. At the same time both very cool and very creepy.

Didn't really have a great weekend. Without Friday off, it was a lot shorter than normal too. Even though I've only been working 30 scheduled hours a week, I'm really feeling any extra hours I do get. I suppose it's good since I'm paid for it, but not having as much time off the last two weeks in a row has been a little draining. This job is pretty tough to take in batches of more than 3 hours at a time or so, even if I hardly get anything accomplished during a few of them each day. It's become even more so ever since most of the people I knew stopped working here. Sam and Lesley were fun to listen to and helped a lot with some of the bigger projects with short deadlines. I miss being able to commiserate about special assignments and working with Xuan. And I miss being able to see and talk to Jennifer on a regular basis, even if she did hate the job.

Something needs to change. I'm surviving, but for the most part, I'm just living from one weekend to the next. I often feel unappreciated and ignored. That's not to say I always am, but it seems like I've been losing the people I'm closest to. Daniel moving away and Laurie soon too doesn't help. I'm going to miss them. At least Jonathan and Carter will be back after the summer. Still, I've been kinda separated from everyone around me, and I'm not enjoying it. I guess this isn't going to fix itself; if I want to improve things I'm going to have to do something about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home