Thursday, July 14, 2005

Even more stuff I don't quite need

I've spent far too much money the last couple months. Normally, I'm pretty conservative in my spending, but I've suddenly splurged on a few big things; far more than I probably would have spent on smaller, more indulgent things in the mean time. The camping trip, going to Colorado, and finally getting a laptop have certainly given my bank account a workout, but I don't really regret the decisions, so I suppose it's money well spent. There have also been numerous expenses in moving into my new place, plus renewing my car insurance, and tuition coming up (which I may or may not be reimbursed for, depending on financial aid) so the comfort margins of my balance are shrinking somewhat. I'm really not all that worried, on average I'm making a bit more than I'm spending, but I'm not going to be making any large purchases for the next several months.

That said, I still need a couple things for the new computer, and I've been trying to decide the best and least wasteful way to get them. Once school starts, I'm probably going to need a new backpack since I'm off campus now, my old one is broken, and I'll want to carry my computer with me. I've more or less decided on this one:


Hopefully it'll have space for books and everything; I looked at one in Fry's, and it should be ok so long as I don't have to carry more than a couple of the really thick textbooks. Most of the bags I've looked at have been pretty expensive, but this one's not too bad. I'd really feel guilty spending money on it, but I still have an Amazon.com gift certificate from Christmas, and I got some apartment deposit money back. Should be able to cover this, a mouse, and maybe a game too. Still, I'm not going to need all this for another couple months, so there's no real reason to spend the money besides the novelty factor. It's been great to see that God has provided for me, and I know He will continue to. Anything I'm expecting and He doesn't grant me I probably don't need anyway; I've been trying to remember how blessed I really am, even when I don't always feel like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home